- Air pollution is in the top 10 risks worldwide & the top 6 risks in developing countries in Asia
- Air pollution kills 4.5 million people a year But these figures hide what can be highly local, personal risk.
Air quality can vary sharply even within the same city block, and pollution exposure can vary 30% between individuals living in the same residence
- Cleair helps us understand at a local and personal level where pollution is, where it comes from, and its impacts on us
- Data insights delivered by Cleair Analytics can be used to make effective pollution management decisions
- By making air pollution visible and measurable, Cleair provides a more comprehensive picture of air pollution across cities allowing us to manage pollution better
- By Measuring pollution variation over short distances in real time providing a more granular and effective picture of air pollution across cities
- By Leveraging data from existing monitoring infrastructure along with data from an optimised network of low cost sensor devices Cleair uses state of the art AI modelling to accurately measure localised pollution and its variation over short distances
- The Cleair Device detects concentration of major air pollutants PM2.5, PM10, NO2 and Ozone along with temperature, pressure & humidity
- Powered by AI and deep learning models, Cleair collates data from various open sources including other devices and available satellite data to provide useful insights at a granular level
- Cleair Analytics comes with powerful visualisations to track local pollutant levels over times and across location to provide better insights on the local pollution and its exposure
- Using powerful AI algorithmns, The Cleair Analytics platforms converts these data into meaningful insights that can highlight pollution variation over time and location, identify and predict local hotspots or highlight the times of days with highest pollution levels
- The platform enables notifications and alarms to be easily configured for monitoring purposes such as tracking of specific air pollutants, recording images of pollution sources, recording threshold alarms
- The portal provides various dashboards to show pollution development in real time and generate historical snapshots
- Geo-Tagged Mobile Device
- Can be fitted on any moving vehicle such as car, bicycle, drone
- Can also be used in stationary positions such as electric poles or buildings
- Modularized pluggable Sensors
- Low cost modular device with pluggable sensors allowing flexibility and choice
- Can be configured with different gas and particle sensors
- Backed by industry leading sensor technology combined with powerful AI modelling, Cleair delivers real time accurate local reading
- Flexible Power
- Power using USB, Solar and direct AC supply
- Cloud Based Communication
- Communication via BLE, WiFi and 4G IoT Technology
- Real-time cloud analytics and reporting
- Reduce health spending
- Avoid fines for non attainment
- Improve urban planning
- Facilitate carbon trading
- Disaster management through early alerts
- Reduce health outcomes
- Reduce hospital admissions
- Reduce service delivery costs
- Ensure regulatory compliance via independent monitoring
- Reduce impact of poor air quality on citizens
- Identify high polluting routes
- Identify high polluting vehicles
- Introduce clean fleet
Fleet electriﬁcation is one of the strategies for improving urban air pollution in Kolkata. The project identified high polluting corridors in Kolkata using low cost sensors and these corridors were selected for EV deployment. Data is being collected over two years with a network of sensors and shows the following results:
Cities across the world have understood that now is the time to move towards clean mobility and have already begun to remodel their urban space with more emphasis on walking and bicycling. Cleair route finders calculates alternative routes with the lowest concentration of pollutants in New Town, Kolkata. These can be made available to commuters via normal social media channels or through commuter apps.
Varanasi is one of India’s historic cities and a prime tourist destination. However, it is also one of the most polluted cities in India. Cleair’s Varanasi deployment creates a hyperlocal network in a city which only has one monitoring station. The Cleair network of devices will provide critical insights on the spatiotemporal variation as well as identify hotspots to determine what measures can be taken..
- Existing pollution measurement stations
- X number of Cleair devices.
S12 East-West corridor route shows. The route is mostly polluted throughout as it starts from Howrah Station, central Kolkata, and pollution level eases as we move to Salt Lake Route close to Sealdah Railways station is severely pollution
S9 North-South corridor route shows. The route is more polluted in the northern part as well as in the Rash Bihari Avenue. This route runs along the Hooghly river and it shows a lower level of pollution alongside the river, And towards the south-western end
Government based COVID-19 lockdown restrictions suspended high pollution producing sectors such as transport, construction and manufacturing. It was therefore not surprising that the scenario has led to a major cut in air pollutants and cities are recording much lower levels of harmful microscopic particulate matter known as PM 2.5, and of nitrogen dioxide, which is released by vehicles and power plants. Amid the changes brought by COVID-19, we have analyzed the change in particulate levels (PM2.5) concerning the lockdown and with respect to levels in the year 2019 vs 2020. The results showed a drop of around 30-40 in 2020 compared to 2019 in the city of Delhi and Kolkata India. We could also see a drop in PM levels in Delhi due to the lockdown.
We leverage our partnership with a network of atmospheric & data scientists and experts from Johns Hopkins, Columbia University, UC Berkeley to test and validate our data analysis. Cleair uses the latest research findings from these institutes in areas such as positioning of devices, modelling of pollution data and presentation of insights.
Scott MouraClare and Hsieh Wen Shen Distinguished Professor in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Energy, Civil Infrastructure and Climate, Systems
Pravin KrishnaPravin Krishna is the Chung Ju Yung Distinguished Professor of International Economics and Business at Johns Hopkins University.
V. Faye McNeillProf. McNeill’s research is focused on the chemistry and physics of atmospheric aerosol particles and ice in the environment, and their roles in atmospheric chemistry, air quality, and climate.
Cleair has partnered with Move LA to champion strategies to accelerate Move LA’s goal to foster cleaner and healthy neighbourhoods where people of all ages and incomes can live, work and thrive.
Cleair has partnered with Smart Pandemic Management @UC Berkeley to address the joint challenges of reopening the economy and managing subsequent outbreaks. Long-term exposure to air pollution has been linked to an increased risk of dying from COVID-19. Cleair’s analysis of air pollution in Kolkata indicates a coarse corelation between Covid 19 severity and bad air pollution.
Sanjoy ChatterjeeEntrepreneur & Technology Evangelist – founder of Ideation Technology Solutions & Ideal Analytics Solutions. Master of Technology from IIT KGP.
Shovon Mukherjee25 years of experience in Business & IT consulting. Worked as Executive Director of IBM and Partner/Executive Director in PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) Consulting Services.
Rakhi BasuMore than 20 years of global experience across Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe and USA in advising government and industry to tackle their highest priorities in infrastructure and human development.
Mithu SenguptaTechnology advisor specializing in eCommerce and digital transformation with 20+ years' experience in providing strategic direction on global IT, digital and data projects.
Sukumar ChakrabortyChief Architect. Statistician, Big Data Specialist. Graduate in Electrical Engineering and Post Gradute from Indian Statistical Institute.
Siddharth NobellProgrammer, Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Data Science, IoT Enthusiast and Trainer
Arnab MajumdarData Scientist. Expert in Mathematical & Statistical Modelling. IIT Kanpur Gard & Post Doctorate from Boston University.
Gora DattaGora Datta is a US-based serial entrepreneur and an internationally acknowledged subject matter expert on ICT (Information and Communication Technology),
Soumitra BoseFunctional Expert. Graduate in Physics, Post Graduate in Management Technology and Computer Science.
116 SDF Building Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091
+91 033 2357 6414
Let's connect: Do you want to learn more about our products and projects or even work with us to achieve our mission, fill out the form and we will get back to you. Lets work together to improve our environmental help